mom had to go Emergency Room

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

mom had to go Emergency Room

Post by manuel_moe_g »

My mom was is the Emergency Room Wednesday April 10th, she took too many of her restless-leg-syndrome pills in too short a time during the night and her blood pressure went way too low. Also she took her regular blood-pressure medication thoughtlessly, without first checking that she actually needed it. She had to spend the night in the hospital at was released Thursday, thankfully. The doctors at the Emergency Room wanted to confirm that the sudden massive drop in blood pressure was not caused by infection.

My mom is really distressed when she is trying to sleep or nap, and she has the shaking legs from the restless leg syndrome. So she really is psychologically dependent on the restless leg medication pills. To the point that she is in a little bit of denial about how the restless leg pills contributed to her having to be hospitalized for the extremely low blood pressure. I may have to work with my sister to make sure that she never has more than two of those pills in her possession at any time, by confiscating the pill bottle. Of course, I really wish my mom could be trusted to do right by herself. But she has some trauma about medical stuff from when she was a little girl; she is obsessed with the idea of her being totally helpless in a medical way and a caretaker takes on 100% of the responsibility. She psychologically wants to be 100% helpless and 100% taken care of by another person.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: mom had to go Emergency Room

Post by Mental Fairy »

Oh MM
I’ll post soon, sending you and mum my love. Hang in there. Post soon just dealing to choppers!
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Re: mom had to go Emergency Room

Post by troebia »

MM, I wish all turns out well and that you will be able to navigate this difficult situation.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”