Hi From SomeDude

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
SomeDude
Issues: Clinical depression, sexual married to asexual, body shame
preferred pronoun: he

Hi From SomeDude

Post by SomeDude »

Hello, glad to be here. Like a lot of you I assume that I joined this forum on a day when I was in especially bad shape :-)

I'm a long-time listener to the podcast. I was hooked during the first year he was on because he talked to so many comedians.

I struggle with:

- clinical depression (I take Cymbalta)
- body shame (been to tons of therapy about this)
- being married to a wonderful woman that has become asexual due to medical issues. It's unclear how much of it is physical and how much of it is her expressing her true self (currently in couples counseling)
- raising a wonderful but challenging daughter with ADHD

The thing that's kicking my ass today is a combination of

- dealing with a long-term and total lack of sexual contact with my wife (and the whole ball of past trauma, shame, and regret that goes with that)
- clinical depression

But all of that's for a different forum post.

On the bright side, I'm still the luckiest guy I know. I am very grateful for the ability to receive help from a wonderful support net. The last few weeks have just been kicking my ass.

I look forward to helping others and learning from you all.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hi From SomeDude

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Howdy SomeDude! Welcome to our little forum, make yourself at home in the forums and topics here!

At the top of the page, you can click the "Quick links" menu, select "Active topics" to stay up to date with the forum activity.

At the bottom of the page, under the "Wrench"-menu/Topic-tools-menu, you can "Subscribe topic" to never miss a post to the topics you are most interested in.

URL links are currently turned off because of anti-spam, but feel free to paste a URL, the users here can copy and paste into the browser address bar.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Welcome from me! Kick your shoes off at the door and settle in. Look forward to hearing from you.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello SomeDude,

Yes, welcome aboard!

So, long time listener....
When I first started just pre-Covid, I spent hours digging thru past episodes wondering how I'd missed so much. ;)

Do you have any recommendations or "favorites"?
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

I have to put my 10c in here. Best episode for me was Brody Steven. It was the first one I ever heard and listened to it multiple times since. Joe heard it with me once and it got to him too. I still think of Brody on my bad days.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”