Hello everyone

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
quietrain
Issues: anxiety, depression, disordered thinking about eating
preferred pronoun: she

Hello everyone

Post by quietrain »

I'm a twenty-something student. I've been struggling with anxiety and depressive episodes, as well as disordered thinking towards eating. I've had them for quite a while now, and it's been really, really tough. But I just recently started seeing a therapist, and I have a supportive boyfriend and caring friends, so I'm kind of hopeful about recovery.
Michigander
Issues: OCD presenting as severe ruminations; social anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Michigander »

Hi!

My mental illness started in college. I know it is common for mental illness to start at that age....but geez it sure does make it hard to study/go to class and deal with mental illness all at once.

Most colleges have free therapy and psychiatric doctors which, I mean, you get your luck of the draw for therapists but free is free.

Also, a little known trick, you can use your school's disability center with mental illness. I have social anxiety, so they let me take my tests in a room all by myself in the disability center so I could concentrate of the test instead of everyone around me in class. Go check it out, it could be of help to you.

-Michigander

Return to “Introducing yourself!”