Troebia's Diary

Feel free to comment on other people's diary entries, but start a new thread click "post a new topic" to write about your own life. Title the thread the name of your username. Like "XXXXX's Diary"
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Troebia's Diary

Post by troebia »

snoringdog wrote: April 25th, 2024, 4:44 am I guess if you have a strong artistic impulse you think, "There's more where that came from anyway", right?
Maybe it's a bit like being a musician. One can always play a piece again and inevitably introduce new variations. Taking this even further: all art displayed publicly or in our homes are like remnants of a process, that may or may not communicate with the present viewer. Good art remains, but the spirit of the artist or artisan already moved on.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by manuel_moe_g »

snoringdog wrote: April 25th, 2024, 4:44 am Just this spring we noticed that the nose had dropped off, and my wife wanted to pitch it out. I said "No, I can try to glue it back on" ... I've become a bit attached to the thing...
That is so touching and great, SnoringDog!
troebia wrote: April 24th, 2024, 7:59 pm Fire purifies the spirit, there's no going back, the only way is forward.
I guess so, but that video was hard for me to watch! I could flip through those sketchbooks for hours, admiring them
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
troebia

Post by troebia »

Small inconsequential diary update:

I was at an Urban Sketcher "bar crawl" event a couple of days ago and did some quick portraits of the people there. It was fun but surprisingly draining, since I'm not used to being with lots of people at once in a social setting. People can be very nice and also downright disgusting. While I was drawing this young woman, another older woman said, "You are so drawable, Rachel, you have such original features!" which landed as passive aggressive code for "I think you're rather ugly and why is he drawing you instead of me". And that older woman went on and on about it, maybe motivated by some kind of female-to-female envy: the younger woman was nicely dressed and irradiated an effortless beauty.
[continued]
"Don't you recognise her?", the organiser of the event asked me while we were walking between bars. "She does cosplay on Instagram, just search..." I was a bit embarrassed after discovering that I was already following her, albeit for more fetiche reasons. So there, I had been drawing a woman very up close, almost touching her fishnet-clad legs with mine without knowing I had already jacked off to her, or at least thought of her in a sexual way...

rachel.jpg
rachel.jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 114 times
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Well this got my attention and had to read it multiple times! I don’t even know what you look like but I had some really interesting imagery coming up on my imagination of you on this little art adventure. My gosh I envy you!
troebia

Post by troebia »

Mental Fairy wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 7:15 pm I don’t even know what you look like
It really isn't important for this story since they were talking about the looks of the younger woman, not me. I like not sharing pics of myself here, it feels like wearing a mask at a ball...also, privacy is becoming an issue because of the thoughts I'm sharing. I am just a rather plain-looking older bald dude who mentally tries to block out women in miniskirts who are the age of my daughter or younger.

Btw, at the meetup there was a younger guy who had very perfect teeth and I realised they were probably permanent dentures of the kind that I want. I would have liked to ask him about it, but it isn't the kind of thing you bring up across a coffee table in front of everyone. :D
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Implant dentures as great. So long as you have good bone support. Very expensive here so I would be keen to know how much over there.
troebia

Post by troebia »

Spain seems to be less expensive than some, and more expensive than other countries in Europe. Men here go to Turkey to have hair transplants :P but I haven't heard about dentures. Swedish people go to Poland to have root canals. In general, Eastern Europe is cheaper overall.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

A lot of people here go to Thailand, then we end up cleaning up the mess a year later.
troebia

Post by troebia »

After seeing yet another video posted online of children having been bombed to bits in Gaza, I now feel very conflicted about writing about my own little problems. I had thought myself to be desensitised by now: it's out of my hands, it's so far away, they are different cultures, I don't understand the conflict etc etc etc. But there is no possible valid excuse for anyone in the world to do what Israel is doing to the civilian population of Gaza, and I feel deeply ashamed that I am not protesting against crimes against humanity.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

I am unable to now look at news, I don’t even want to google anything. It’s horrible. Since seeing that guy set himself on fire in New York I can’t watch anything on the news.

Return to “Dear Diary”