My Brother Is A Zombie Robot

Before posting a new topic, make sure a similar one doesn't already exist here or in another forum thread more specific to the issue.
kungfujedimaster95
Issues: Anxiety
preferred pronoun: He

My Brother Is A Zombie Robot

Post by kungfujedimaster95 »

My brother is one of the stereotypical examples of a person who might be suffering from Alexithymia, which is the inability to express emotions. He has a massive dysfunction in the department of emotional awareness and interpersonal relationships. Seriously I can design an android with artificial intelligence that would have a better personality than my brother. He is probably the most selfish person I have ever known in my life whose only concern is his own well being and self preservation that would allow him to ruthlessly sacrifice anybody or anything for his target ambition.

He doesn’t believe in something that’s why he falls for anything as well and that makes him weak and vulnerable and untrustworthy and unreliable and therefore a burden and a liability. His faith and belief revolve around financial situations and reproductive organs. He is that sort of a person that would take the last drop of blood out of his own mother’s grave if it would give him even 1 second of profit. He judges other people very harshly and measures success by money and women.

I was always taught in my life that according to the philosophical ideology of humanity and morality success is not measured by how much money you are getting in your life but by how much contribution you are making to society in improving their progression and evolution to make the people and this world better. If intelligence and success are measured by the amount of money you earn then Justin Bieber whose net worth is 220 million dollars and Rihanna Fenty whose net worth is 240 million dollars would be evaluated as super geniuses without a professional degree and more successful than a scientist that gets 2000 to 4000 euros a month or a neurosurgeon that gets 240000 dollars to 480000 dollars a year if he or she is a good professional.

So are we going to rely on this shallow and superficial ranking and rating of success? I don’t think so. My brother is one of those wanna be sophisticated pseudo intellectuals that pretend to follow the conformist principles of the upper classes by putting everybody in a specific category or a classification of a condescending submission of limited perspectives and fuzzy logic that revolves around the over simplified idea of "if aunty had a moustache she would be an uncle". Or simply you can place it as 2+2=4, the stereotypical mentality of conformist capitalism.

The intolerant and inflexible thinking of the super rich people who think that God gave them more money because he loves them more than anybody else or that people of the working classes are poor because their stupid and stupid because their poor. He is one of those people that respect women not because they are his equals but because he thinks that they are one of those weak and defenseless species that needs his superior protection. He treats them like one of those stereotypical high school jock strap male tough guy imagery projectors.

He is absolutely and definitely one of those people who are unempathetic, non altruistic, uncompassionate and unkind to their surrounding environment mainly because of the reason that he has the liberty of exploiting, manipulating, subjugating and dominating people into making them think and do whatever he wants them to think and do. When you are not going to be held responsible for your actions and are going to be protected by a deceptively hypocritical and selfishly materialistic society that takes advantage of other people’s misfortunes and takes pleasure in their misery, you are obviously going to transform into a zombie robot that works for his own survival technique or defensive mechanism.

I think the major problem with my brother is basically none other than immaturity. If you have no control over your temperament and on top of that you’re immature then you have a tendency of increasing the statistical probability of your retaliation. It is known as having a reptilian mind or a lizard brain that functions on a flight or fight mechanism. The most appropriate example is of an incident which demonstrates how merciless his demeanor really is. We used to have an understanding that we were always going to discuss our issues in a formal manner and have a civilized conversation about our problems and troubles.

No matter what happened our behavior will not become biased with each other and if we have a problem then we would discuss it like gentlemen. This was the only rule and we both followed it, but then my brother grew up and decided to assert his independence over me as if he suddenly became a super hero trying to defeat his arch nemesis elder brother. His behavior also became rogue as he developed this new identity of showing irrelevant masculinity or unnecessary toughness. In obtaining this kind of attitude he started to argue for absolutely no reason on things that were of no consequence to him or had no bearing on anybody or anything even remotely related to him.

Why and how did this sudden transmutation occur? Very simple; the reality of life hit him square in the face and he wasn’t able to handle it. After graduation from university he thought that he was on top of the world and he would be able to do anything as if he would suddenly become a terraforming machine that produces unlimited resources or an industrial factory that manufactures unstoppable amounts of money. But then again as it always happens as usual, the bitter truth showed him what professional life in this jurisdiction or region of the world looks like; when there are just too many people and too fewer jobs, the statistical probability of you not being able to make it is very high and that is precisely what happened.

After persistently being rejected from all major institutions and organizations, my brother ended up working in what most people usually state as an ordinary regular low paying dead end job with no future prospects destroying his dreams of ever becoming somebody special in his life. After all hope was lost he got a final ray of hope and the ultimate string of light from a major organization in another city which was his final shot in this unforgiving world and he took it so that there are no guilts or regrets and he would know that he tried his level best and even if it didn’t work out he should not be blamed, but as it turns out my society would blame you for everything including problems of their own that have got nothing to do with you because they love to play the blame game.

He went to another city for an opportunity of a life time and unfortunately wasn’t able to meet their performance requirements and top of that life over there turned out to be harder than the luxurious routine of his privileged domain. Apart from that he also experienced the harsh and tough environment of a metropolitan city by getting robbed not once but twice at the same location doing the same mistake which I specifically advised him not to. Obviously he faced the repercussions in full swing and had to pay the price.

The damage was financially quite substantial as the thief took away all of his gadgets and his wallet which had everything in it at the point of a simple 9mm pistol. I guess after his humiliating defeat and his brush with violence, his personality became further deteriorated and he became very dark, negative, cynical and pessimistic. Naturally he had to come back home to his family and face the music but although he tried to mask it, I knew that something inside of him had already broken apart way before he decided to take the flight back home.

Now he was the sudden assimilation of the wounded beast that would bite anybody who gets in his way including his family members who sympathized with him in unison. Unfortunately he had to as usual use his own brother as an escape goat and victimize him for his failures even though that I supported him the most. I assured him of my full support and tried to help him in this difficult time but to no avail and he threw everything out of the window. Years of building a solid friendship and relationship and mental and professional investment all gone down the drain.

It was as though I never even existed. We used to have quite a normal relationship. We used to do normal kind of stuff like hang or walk about and talk or do something together to take a load off or just relax and indulge in regular dialogue. But then I began to notice that he started to get distant and deliberately pretended that he doesn’t have time for me anymore. I understood and gave him his space for as long as he wanted but then he suddenly started to get even more alienated and isolated from not only me but the whole family.

I tried to confront him on the issue after waiting for a lifetime that he would one day come back but it was all in vain. He had become a lot worse than before and his dark side was beginning to show its ultimate fury. One day I went to him in order to share a few things that I had in mind and it was absolutely shocking to find out that he couldn’t be more desynchronized with the situation at hand. He had total disregard and absolute inconsideration for my problems or troubles for which I needed some emotional or psychological support.

I told him about all of my mental and physical diseases and illnesses and it didn’t even affect his behavior in the slightest. He obviously blamed me for everything because that is just the easiest way out of any situation as opposed to showing a little altruism or empathy. I was absolutely hurt by his definite lack of compassion or kindness and only hoped that he would get better but it was not meant to be. By the time I realized how deep he had fallen it was already too late; he was long gone. His behavior was becoming hostile and violent with the passage of time increasing at an exponential rate every second of everyday.

I visited him in my final interactions about an issue that the whole family was facing which had nothing to do with him and I wanted to keep it that way knowing that even the slightest mention of his ruthless demeanor would trigger his defensive mechanism and the walls would be brought up back again. I tried very hard to forgive and forget his major transgressions and derogatory personality but ultimately he brought this upon himself and I was left with no option but to distance myself with him as well just like the rest of my family members.

I guess they just couldn’t fight their genetical programming. I mentioned the issue only to realize that not only he couldn’t be more disinterested but also that he would try any innocent gesture as an offense to his sovereignty and lash out with full force. On top of that he would blame me for everything and absolve himself from all forms of duties and responsibilities. My situation was very simple, I was taking care of the whole house and my siblings were not doing anything or sharing any responsibility because they were being pampered and spoiled by my ignorant parents.

It was negatively affecting my life and I had to put my foot down on getting my fair share of needed rights. As it turns out in life that when you start flexing your muscles in a logical argument, you lose the argument immediately. Besides I beat him fair and square in every logical and rational ideology he presented with the highest level of formality but I guess it didn’t work out and it turned into a fight and then he in a fit of rage gave the ultimate release by telling me that he doesn’t want me to talk to him and he is breaking of the relationship forever.

I was always taught that relationships are not like glass which can be broken easily but unfortunately if you are in my family you can do that in 1 second. I think there wasn’t any relationship to begin with in the first place anyway. It gives you a whole new perspective of life when the realization dawns upon you that what you thought was a relationship turned out to be nothing but a mirage or a delusion of something that never existed and it was built and meant to fall because its foundation was based on a weak linkage of wooden beams that were degenerated by the plague of hypocrisy.

How do I teach him about humanity, morality, righteousness and goodness in order to transform his personality, behavior, character and attitude in the best methodology or technique? How do I inspire and motivate him to progress and evolve into a better person? What type of psychological disease is he suffering from according to the symptoms he is displaying? How do I make him understand or learn that he might need to get into psychotherapy to make him feel better? Do you think that he might be suffering from Asperger's Syndrome due to the incidence of his emotional instability?

Return to “Family Troubles”