Having my toe amputated

Create a new topic if it isn't listed.
fester75

Having my toe amputated

Post by fester75 »

I''ve been fighting an infection in my toe for over a year now, and I now have to get it taken off. I am freaking out over this. I worry about how I will adjust to this, I worry about future health issues, and I worry how this will affect my chances to find someone. What the hell else is going to happen to me?
https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/brad.f.huggins?__user=100003473447104
oak

Re: Having my toe amputated

Post by oak »

Hey.

I see a couple of threads in your post.

1. I am sorry to hear your toe has to be removed. I hope the procedure goes well.

2. As far as "finding someone", I read that as finding romantic partners. As a straight dude, I can only speak heteronormalitvely for men attracting women, and I am certain of this much: Non-normative physical differences are no barrier to success with women. Many men missing extremities are very successful with women. You probably won't believe this, but *any* physical problem can be compensated for, and even an advantage in the game of love.

Still, it sucks that you will lose your toe.

3. As far as what will happen to you next, I have no idea. I hope things get better for you soon.

Hang in there.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
oak

Re: Having my toe amputated

Post by oak »

Typically, I don't like to give advice in this forum, but I encourage you to seriously listen to the wisdom, of all people, Lt. Dan.

He demonstrated care and love for Forrest and Bubba by encouraging good foot health.

I kindly suggest you wear clean, dry socks in shoes that fit well.

Foot health is easy to forget about, but so important.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “The Mental Burden of a Non-Mental Health Issue”