2 years of hell (TW for suicidality)

Describe any moments from your life that were transformative or revelatory, good or bad.
floradrenaline
Issues: Bipolar II and generalized anxiety disorder, chronic suicidal ideation.
preferred pronoun: she/her

Re: 2 years of hell (TW for suicidality)

Post by floradrenaline »

Thanks guys <3

I advise everyone to write out their story like this, even if only to reread later for some clarity. I'm struggling a little again lately but rereading this reminded me of the strength I have had and thus still have. If I didn't kill myself after my treatment team sat me down and told me I would be petitioned for court guardianship, I'm obviously not going to let some unpleasant mania and a bad dream throw me off the rails. And the commitment I made to staying out of cop cars and out of psych admits still stands. It's been almost nine months and I've had only one admission, and it was less than 24 hours. Things'll be okay. ;)
"My bones aren't dirt and even if they were, I'd rather make peace with the insects inside me than let you take a shovel to my spine and dig out all of who I am." - Unknown ///// mental health blog: http://www.lithiumandlace.com/
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: 2 years of hell (TW for suicidality)

Post by brownblob »

It's good to hear from you. Stay committed to taking care of yourself. Life is not easy, but just keep doing your best and keep moving forward.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Seminal Moments”