A rough couple days (weeks) (months)

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
LatinPhrase
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Addiction and Body Issues.
preferred pronoun: He

A rough couple days (weeks) (months)

Post by LatinPhrase »

I have absolutely no idea why I have been feeling so horrible. I've been trying to open up more to my therapist, my family, my friends, but it just isn't making me feel better.I don't have very many friends that I feel comfortable enough to open up with and my parents are probably the least understanding people I have ever met. All I have been thinking about these past few days is this image of myself slamming head on into a median on the highway and crushing my skull against the steering wheel. I just can't seem to shake these need to end my life and I'm not sure why. Hopefully, typing it out and reading it will make me feel a bit better.
The Impressions -- Keep On Pushing
oak

Re: A rough couple days (weeks) (months)

Post by oak »

I am sorry to hear you are in emotional pain, Latin. I honor you in your struggle.

Hang in there.

You are a person of intrinsic human worth and dignity.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
LatinPhrase

Post by LatinPhrase »

Thank you Oak.
Cinnamon

Post by Cinnamon »

Hey, you don't always know or need to know why you are feeling horrible....you are and that is honest. Hugs to you.

and for what it is worth, sometimes when we open our hearts and memories in therapy, the protective emotions/habits of thinking slip away and we don't always get that happy feeling right away...its a process and some parts of the scenery are just damned dark and the lights are shot out, but the path still goes forward. hang in there.
Cinnamon

Post by Cinnamon »

And no one ever needs to end their life. They don't. No matter what you feel, it is an impulse, a thought, but never a need.

suicide causes so much pain to so many people left behind, not just the nearest and dearest but even distant people who ache and wonder what they could have done....
please tell your therapist your impulses or call a suicide hotline
LatinPhrase

Post by LatinPhrase »

I really appreciate that Cinnamon. Thank you.

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”