I feel like EVERYONE is a sexual predator

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
woo

I feel like EVERYONE is a sexual predator

Post by woo »

In my 20s I was kidnapped and sexually assaulted for about 3 days until I escaped and reported him. It has been a long decade or so of recovery and im doing pretty intense therapy and other things as well. I have constant unwanted thoughts about sexual assault and pedophelia, not in a sexual way but in a fearful, horror-movie-in-my-head kinda way. I barely trust anyone and now that I have a son, its getting worse. I'm starting to think the worst of everyone around me.

What kills me is that aside from the podcast, which has so many stories about sexual abuse, it seems like it happens all the time, to everyone. Almost every woman I know has had SOMETHING happen to them and I know a lot of men do too, they may just not share as much. I feel like im losing my grip on reality. I dont know whats wrong with a persons wiring in their brain that would make them capable of harming a child. I can barely stand watching a kid skin their knee.

Anyway, my unwanted thoughts about this are starting to creep into my head constantly and I am starting to not even trust my own husband. The only people I seem to trust anymore is my own family. Is this common for victims of sexual abuse? Im going to talk to my therapist about it next week but that appointment seems like a year away right now.

Return to “Non-OCD UnWanted Thoughts/Desires”