Non-Sexual Objectophilia?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
NeonFirefly
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Love Addiction, possible autism? I don't know.
preferred pronoun: She

Non-Sexual Objectophilia?

Post by NeonFirefly »

Hi all! I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

My entire life, I've found myself non-sexually attracted to objects. I can remember as early as three years old personifying the trains that run past my house as human. I can even remember calling a train my boyfriend (I have never told anyone this). However, as an adult I don't find any of the objects sexually attractive, but I do find them comforting. It changes from time to time and can include buildings, bridges, and most recently, buses. I call them names in my head and I consider them my friends. I will feel guilty if I pick one over the other -- and during my runs I always feel like I need to say "good morning" or "good night". A coping strategy I developed is to draw them as human characters, which other people seem to enjoy.

In a way, I'm just ranting as I have told very few people this. My boyfriend knows but I'm not sure if he truly doesn't care. I'm wondering if this is completely out of touch with reality, or if anyone else experiences this. Some research from the University of Google seems to point toward autism or Aspberger's, which is not off the table for me.

What should I do? How can I make this stop? I just want to be normal. :(

Return to “Non-OCD UnWanted Thoughts/Desires”