Queer + Trans Folks and/or Survivors Living With Addiction

If you feel like showing your art or an expression of who you are, do it here.
MollyB
preferred pronoun: She

Queer + Trans Folks and/or Survivors Living With Addiction

Post by MollyB »

Hello all! I'm 100% new to this forum, but a longtime listener of the podcast. I wanted to alert the creatives in this forum to a project that I'm helping out with. I know there's a wealth of experience in this community and we want to hear from you. We're looking for interviews, poetry, fiction, comics, and essays by queer + trans folks and/or survivors of sexual abuse living with addiction. Email submissions to editor@natbrut.com, submissions close January 31st.

Here's a link: http://www.natbrut.com/another-closet.html

and the pitch:

We want to hear from queer + trans folks and / or survivors of sexual assault and abuse who are grappling with addiction / substance use. We acknowledge that trauma and oppression can be contributing factors to substance abuse. We acknowledge that substance use is not the same as substance abuse. We recognize and understand that addiction is intersectional. We value and encourage submissions from people of color and individuals who are differently-abled, neurodiverse, and / or low-income. We welcome and warmly embrace individuals with new sobriety, long-term sobriety, or desired sobriety. We welcome and warmly embrace individuals in active addiction. We welcome and warmly embrace individuals who are relapsing. We welcome and warmly embrace individuals who are proactively examining their use of substances as a means of survival. “Recovery” is not a prerequisite. You do not need to be okay right now. You are welcome here. We want this space to be an exercise in community building, harm reduction, vulnerable sharing, and empathetic listening. Anonymous submissions are welcomed and honored. All accepted works will be published online, and pending funding, we plan to release a limited-edition print supplement as well.

Submissions are free.

Return to “Express Your Creativity”