I don't fit in

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
GracefulLoser

I don't fit in

Post by GracefulLoser »

i worry that i don't fit in here in Baltimore.

i don't have a scene or a clique or anything like that. The are are things i like but i don't feel very passionate about them. I'm black but i don't feel black. i like games but i'm not a gamer. i listen to a lot of music but i'm not a fan of any artist. i tried joining meetups but i either feel too nerdy or not nerdy enough.

I made it a goal to be more social this year but i feel like i can't find anywhere to go where i don't feel like i do not belong. My dad says to find people who are passionate about what i like. but I'm not even passionate about what i like, and passionate people freak me out.
brave-girl-living

Re: I don't fit in

Post by brave-girl-living »

lol, your not-so-subtle indifference made me smile :) I suggest coffee shops. Bring a book, make eye contact. Barista's can also make great friends once you are a regular and smile a lot! :D
moonlightwatie
Issues: loss of spouse, depression, breakups, adjusting meds
preferred pronoun: she

Post by moonlightwatie »

Take a class in something that interests you, or something you've always wanted to try.
You might have to try a few things before you find "your crowd", but it's worth a shot. :)
Moonlight Watie
"To be great is to be misunderstood."--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterflies&Flowers

Post by Butterflies&Flowers »

Are you depressed? Chronically? Are you on meds?
Stan

Post by Stan »

yep, just find something you like, take it one at a time. there is surely something out there that interest you. just be yourself. wishing you all the best :)
tanglewood

Post by tanglewood »

I worry that I don't fit in Sydney and anywhere else, and nobody wants me to fit in.

I have never felt the sense of belonging in my life in anywhere. I have lived in Sydney for six years by next month and this is my second hometown where I treasure much more than my actual hometown but I don't think I fit in or that I deserve to be here.

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”