Embarrassing Feeling

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
The Sleeper

Embarrassing Feeling

Post by The Sleeper »

This feeling that I am having is really unsettling. I read these boards and instead of feeling relief that there are others like me out there...I feel angry that there are others that hurt. I'm angry that I'm not a unique and special pain snowflake. I'm just like everyone else. This is embarrassing to admit. I feel childish. :oops:
BecomingKind

Re: Embarrassing Feeling

Post by BecomingKind »

You are a unique and special snowflake.

You are not alone.

We are all child-like, childish, even selfish. Off and on.
jenloiacono

Post by jenloiacono »

I can totally relate to this. it's hard to read the posts on here sometimes because i feel like i'm not in "enough" pain to "compete" with the other stories out there. sometimes it makes me feel like i'm whining about nothing.
sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe
heart

Post by heart »

Yeah I do feel that way too. For me its because even though everyone else is in so much pain they still go out and live their lives and take the risks that I wish I had the will to. It's so beautiful but it makes me feel ashamed of myself and the way sometimes my depression pushes me over the deep end and wrestles me under the covers for days. Or how my anxiety disorder puts up such large walls that everyone I love hurts themselves trying to get over and I end up alone hating myself and eternally sorry. But I know its not because I lack some special ability or trait, it's because they are trying harder, staying stronger. And it pushes my sorry ass to try harder too. So thanks for inspiring me. I'm going to try again.
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

How you interpret life struggles and mental pain DOES INDEED make you a unique snowflake :)

While we all struggle with similar demons, we all interpret and experience them differently. What make knock me down for days, you may be able to get over in a few hours, and vice versa.

It's okay to want to feel unique. We all want to be validated and appreciated for who we are, it's normal.
The Sleeper

Post by The Sleeper »

Thanks all for the encouraging words! :D

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”