Addicted to drug - need help!!

Discussions on addictions and their relationship to depression. Post as new topic.
peaceandlove89
Issues: Depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Addicted to drug - need help!!

Post by peaceandlove89 »

Hey!! I was ditched by my boyfriend. We were in a relationship for 1.5 years and a few months back he said he want to end this relationship and move on with his life. I asked him to give me a good reason for the breakup but he just walked out. I was very depressed and in order to overcome the depression I started using drugs. It gave me a pleasure and I enjoyed it and now I'm a drug addict. I know it's not good for health but don't know how to get rid of it.
A few days back I came to know that my ex-boyfriend is in another relationship and it really pissed me off. I shared this with my mom and she comforts me. She asked me not to used drugs anymore but I'm not able to stop it myself. I told her I really want to come out of this so she scheduled an appointment in an addiction centre, Toronto ( https://helixhealthcaregroup.com/ ). Should I need to stay there and get treatment? I'm 22 years old and staying in an addition centre be a problem in future?

Return to “Are you addicted?”