Coming off Sertraline (zoloft).

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
Johnny Doppler

Coming off Sertraline (zoloft).

Post by Johnny Doppler »

I've been taking sertraline for some time now at 150mg daily. I've stopped a few days ago and the withdrawal is kicking the shit out of me. I'm getting no sleep, odd noises that come and go, and every few minutes I'm getting a sensation like an electric shock shooting through me. I'm really pissed off that my doctor didn't give me more information about what I was getting into when he prescribed me this little oval bastard.
Please don't let me upset you. I can be a real arsehole sometimes, but I almost never do it deliberately.
JABaillie

Re: Coming off Sertraline (zoloft).

Post by JABaillie »

Holy shit, I know exactly what you mean. Do you ever get this sensation where you stand up or move suddenly, and it's almost like your brain stays in place while your body moves around it? Those electric shocks are really scary, too! I was on a 300mg dosage for a few months and went off it completely cold.

I wouldn't be too mad at your doctor, if you can help it. Zoloft is one of the easier drugs to come off of, statistically- we're something like 2.5% of people coming off it that experience this shit. But it definitely sucks. For me these things persisted for about two weeks, hopefully it isn't that bad for you. Are you feeling any better now?

Lots of love <3
if you hang around too long you'll be a man
pulp

Return to “Medications”