Experiences with Klonopin?

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
quickfall

Experiences with Klonopin?

Post by quickfall »

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with Klonopin? I'm supposed to start tomorrow (provided I get my scrip filled today) at a low dose, 3X per day. I'm also on sertraline, bupropion, and vitamin D (prescription strength).

I suppose my biggest worry is that it will sedate me to the extent that I can't get anything done or lose track of time or something like that. I'm looking forward to having less anxiety, but don't want that to be because I'm so knocked out most of the time I don't notice.
Aloysius

Re: Experiences with Klonopin?

Post by Aloysius »

Klonopin shouldn't be too sedative at a low dose. I've found it relieves anxiety, worries, and depression. Sort of a "the world is an okay place" kind of feeling. It's no miracle drug, mind you, but I wouldn't worry about being zonked out so long as you follow your doctor's directions.
Good luck!
Cheesehead

Re: Experiences with Klonopin?

Post by Cheesehead »

Over the last 20 years I have had periods where I took it everyday for a long time to now where I very rarely take it but knowing I have it with me helps enough. It has never interfered with my cognition or been too sedating. It has allowed me to gain control over my obsessive thinking, anxiety and provided me with a sense of calm I couldn't have otherwise gotten.
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Return to “Medications”