"Zaps"

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
imnotcrzee

"Zaps"

Post by imnotcrzee »

Hey all..
No and again I experience the feeling of being "zapped"...hard to explain exactly. Almost feels like being electrocuted over and over. I get it all over but mostly my brain, face and hands...It might be time for a medication adjustment. Seems I have had to do this about every 6 months. Also if i miss the effexxor by a few hours I start to feel withdrawl symptons..
Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I am on a super high doeses of Effexxor for about 5 yrs and Wellbutrin for about 3.

Thanks for sharing guys.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: "Zaps"

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I have no advice to give on this, but I was curious what you consider "super high doses of Effexor"

I take 225 milligrams of Effexor XR everyday . This website page http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/ ... ffexor-xr/ says that is a medium sized dose.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
imnotcrzee

Post by imnotcrzee »

Sure 375 of Effexor
My doctors advised the max dose is 300. The reason is there have not been any conclusive studies for over 300. so for safety the advised max is 300
We added the 75 and I am able to go to 450 if I'm feeling really off.
Plus I take 300 Wellbutrin at the same time
Hope that helps
TheDance

Post by TheDance »

I had this when I was getting off Effexor. I looked around online and it seems to be a common withdrawal symptom when coming off of anti-depressants. Perhaps your body is adjusting to the med far too quickly and needs more and more.
Lady

Post by Lady »

I removed myself from effexor nearly 4 years ago and blessedly didn't experience any side effects. My dear friend Willa (not her real name) has an absolutely horrendous time when she is with out her effexor for even a day. She described this zapping feeling and many other symptoms. You aren't kidding you are on some high doses of both meds. Crossing my fingers for you.
Some children dreamed of becoming firemen & mothers, I wanted to be a canine. Yay for unrealistic goals!

“Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.” -Guillaume Apollinaire
soliloquy

Post by soliloquy »

I knew this was going to be about Effexor when I read the subject! I've had nasty experiences coming off of Effexor even when my dose wasn't as high as some of the other commenters, and I tapered off very gradually under a doctor's care. Man, it was like the entire inside of my brain was being zapped, like this huge twitch ... I'm always amazed to hear stories of people who didn't have a bad time weaning off this drug! :-)

Jenn

Return to “Medications”