Episode 145

Post discussions as new topics.
kitterztoo
Issues: Former self-injurer of 23 yrs, childhood abuse, PTSD, depression, mild anxiety.
preferred pronoun: She

Episode 145

Post by kitterztoo »

I'm not sure about the name listener whose survey was read during Episode 145. It sounded like "not in easterbrook".

All I wanted to tell that listener is my oldest sister and I have spent years wishing and wanting my mother to "just die already". My parents abused all of us siblings even when there was a nine year gap between my oldest brother and sister and my other older sister and I. The constant yelling, berating, and demeaning, of all of us, including my father has taken a huge toll in our lives. My father wasn't a saint either, but my mother spent the last 22 years of his life punishing him for things that were out of his control (Air Force test pilot -- during the wars he flew cargo planes into the war zone).

I couldn't handle it anymore and cut off contact 3 years before his death. My mother's behavior during his downward slope in the hospital was appalling. In the end, my father died alone and she gave away her plot so she wouldn't be buried next to him. So, I can relate with the unending wish my mother would just die already. I'm still out of her life, and for me, that decision was the best and most difficult to make. I can't keep the anger and hatred of her to affect every waking moment. So, I've said my goodbyes much like I did for my father three years prior, chose to move forward healing my past, and live life without regret or missing my parents.

I hope you can get to a place where you're able to do the same.

~ kitterztoo
~ kitterztoo

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”