ECT aka "Shock Therapy" - Beth May

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

ECT aka "Shock Therapy" - Beth May

Post by SpookyGhost »

At 27 Beth has had 68 ECT treatments aka "Shock Therapy" and while she attests to it's effectiveness in helping her with her bipolar episodes it has also taken a toll on her memory; including not recognizing her boyfriend of several years.

Older episodes can be found ad-free exclusively at Stitcher Premium for $4.99/month. Get one month free with offer code MENTAL at signup at www.StitcherPremium.com/mentalpod

More About Our Guest

Social media: @heybethmay

Email: tobethmay@gmail.com

-Article about a therapy dog that made an amazing impact on me.

www.uclahealth.org/u-magazine/leo-me

-Slam poetry piece I did about bipolar disorder

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwaHkfHrx4g

-My short story compilation

www.amazon.com/Apocalips-Beth-May-ebook/dp/B01NCJ05XV

Support Our Sponsors!

This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp online counseling. To get a free week go to www.BetterHelp.com/mental Must be 18.

Other Links Mentioned

Rape and Incest National Network www.RAINN.org

Ways to Help the Podcast

Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/men ... 77900?mt=2

—————————————————————————

Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.

Our website is www.mentalpod.com our FB is www.Facebook.com/mentalpod and our Twitter and Instagram are both @Mentalpod

--------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to Stitcher Premium for back catalog (& much more)

-Older episodes can be found ad-free exclusively at Stitcher Premium for $4.99/month. Get one month free with offer code MENTAL at signup at www.StitcherPremium.com/mentalpod

-Subscription includes all episodes, ad-free, going all the way back to ep #1 in 2011, plus back catalogs of tons of other great podcasts, standup albums, original content and more.

--------------------------------------------------------

Become a much-needed Patreon monthly-donor (with occasional rewards) for as little as $1/month at www.Patreon.com/mentalpod

Become a one-time or monthly donor via Paypal or Zelle (make payment to mentalpod@gmail.com)

http://mentalpod.libsyn.com/ect-aka-sho ... y-beth-may

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”