Hi my people :')

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
cryingpotato
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Self-Loathing, Comparison, Feelings of Inadequacy
preferred pronoun: She

Hi my people :')

Post by cryingpotato »

Hello!

I'm a relatively new listener to the podcast, but have found such support and comfort from the raw honesty regarding life's struggles. It's really nice to know that I am not the only one struggling day to day to keep afloat. I am so grateful for this podcast, Paul and his incredible sarcasm, all the surveys, and Herbert's butthole (heh). A little about me:

-I am in the depths of my quarter life crisis
-I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder
-I on Zoloft thank God
-I would totally be a "grew up in a stable and safe environment" type and then explain how I was emotionally abused and neglected for the entirety of my childhood
-I am an enneagram 4 (so I spend approximately 99% of my life crying over my feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness or gushing about the colors in the sky)
-I like cacti

I want everyone who reads this to know that life sucks and life is moments of suffering and joy strung together like beads in a fucked up fashion and I know you want to die and I do too sometimes but you are not alone. I hope that you realize that it's alright to just sit in sadness and not try to always "be happy" because when THE FUCK was anyone just happy? I believe you have so much beauty rooted deep inside of you and no amount of worthless you feel will ever uproot the fact that you are a gift to the world. to anyone that needs to hear this, I love and care about you. I'm SO excited to be apart of this new world I've found.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hi my people :')

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hi cryingpotato! Welcome to our little forum. Make yourself at home in the posts and threads here!

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.
cryingpotato wrote:I believe you have so much beauty rooted deep inside of you and no amount of worthless you feel will ever uproot the fact that you are a gift to the world. to anyone that needs to hear this, I love and care about you. I'm SO excited to be apart of this new world I've found.
This is too awesome!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Kiwi51mail2
Issues: Depression . Anxiety .rejection. others behavior effecting me
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Kiwi51mail2 »

It is post like these that drew me to this forum . Much love and please keep your awesome words coming
TonyM_Guest
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, Emotional Neglect, Pure-O, Covert Incest
preferred pronoun: he/him/his

Post by TonyM_Guest »

Welcome, cryingpotato. I see you and welcome you to our community. I look forward to "seeing" you around on these boards.
oak

Post by oak »

Welcome!

I’m glad to hear the Zoloft is working well.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the forum
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”