Hi, new here

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
nowwhat
Issues: Depression, anxiety, ptsd, poverty.
preferred pronoun: She

Hi, new here

Post by nowwhat »

Hi, I'm new here. I have depression, anxiety and PTSD. I cry almost all the time. I'm very alone, but not by choice. I need friends. Thank you to the nice person who welcomed me via pm. On my phone there is no way to reply. Not sure why. Anyway, hello everyone.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Hi, new here

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Hi Nowwhat!
I hope you can find some support and comfort here. Know that there are caring and understanding folks listening.
Heather
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Nowhat,

That was me. I've been sending short welcome-notes to the "newbies" here because well, why not? :D

Often feeling like crying is something I'm quite familiar with, starting when I was young and extending teens and adulthood. It was surely a sign of depression in my case. Got a diagnosis in my thirties.

Do you have any help available? Counseling, meds, etc?

Anxiety and depression are surely a struggle, and what gets me is the variability of it all. Some days I feel pretty good and stable, but others are unbearable. Sounds a bit dramatic writing it down, but that's how it feels. Got things basically under control, but don't want to get too confident... ;)

As Heather says, we are here, and ready to listen, if nothing else!

Regards,

SD
nowwhat

Post by nowwhat »

Thank you everybody! In years past I've found message boards that were a total savior and I made lifelong friends. If I make even one decent online friend here I will be happy. I had to do some writing today in counseling and it made me cry and I'm so tired of crying. I've been trying for 10 years to get my life back on track and over that 10 years I have lost friends and never been able to find a job other than fast food and I cannot do fast food due to my Disabilities. I just hope I can find an active group here to keep me busy once in awhile and maybe make a friend. Anyway thank you!
nowwhat

Post by nowwhat »

Which forum here has the most engagement? Not sure where to post stuff that doesn't really fit in an existing topic. Like today I posted "I'm losing it" and needed to vent with the hope of kind words back. But where do you post that kind of stuff? Sorry, I'm a n00b.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

This forum doesn't have a whole lot of activity, so you can pretty much post it anywhere. There are some categories under nondisordered struggles that might be appropriate for it, but the handful of people that come here tend to check for recent posts so they will find it.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Nowhat,

Just saw your post, hope you're feeling better.

It is a bit slow here lately, and not like Twitter for instant replies. But I, for one, do read and try to respond if I have something that might be helpful....

Holidays - ha. They bring out lots of emotions, don't they? As a kid I used to wonder how anyone could work on Christmas, since it was so "magical" and special.

Later, had holidays that seemed so bleak and lonely.... walking the city streets glancing into windows and imagining how happy others must be....

We tend to put too much weight on certain calendar days, and respond accordingly, to our own detriment, right?

Wishing you the best, and better days!

SD
TonyM_Guest
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, Emotional Neglect, Pure-O, Covert Incest
preferred pronoun: he/him/his

Post by TonyM_Guest »

Hi and like the others have said, welcome to the community. I also have daily battles with anxiety and depression as well as recovery from codependency and covert/emotional incest as a child.

I think others have covered most of the basics already but I’ll just echo what Paul says every week on the show — know that in this community you are 100% most definitely NOT ALONE.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”