New Person Waiting for a Tune Up

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
SkullcapOfBandAids
Issues: too long. basically depressed.
preferred pronoun: he/him

New Person Waiting for a Tune Up

Post by SkullcapOfBandAids »

Hi all,

A friend introduced me to the podcast just as I was realizing it's not normal to randomly get bouts of unexplainable sadness. I tried describing what I have in the signup sheet but there wasn't enough space, but it felt a little too funny to not post somewhere. So I'll it as my intro. I have that thing where you're so desperate for a connection you end up in a series of online relationships that really aren't good for you, but also allow you to explore sexual fantasies you could never really explore in the religious community you occupy and the most fucked up part is that you have actual friends that you could hang out with in the real world if you bothered to get your lazy ass out of bed. Friends who are aware of your kinky shit and are cool with it. I'm really not sure if there's a name for it. (If I finally get into a talk shrink and they figure out the name for it, I promise to update this profile.)
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Re: New Person Waiting for a Tune Up

Post by bigeekgirl »

Welcome, SkullcapOfBandAids. It's easy for me to understand how opening up to online friends seems easier. I consider my online life important, but it's way less vulnerable than face-to-face friendships, no?

I'm glad you are here. Make yourself at home. Let us know how therapy goes.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”