New to the podcast + feeling so much validation & hope.

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
SailorMoonWannabe
Issues: Inattentive ADHD, CEN, family with mental illness.
preferred pronoun: she

New to the podcast + feeling so much validation & hope.

Post by SailorMoonWannabe »

Writing this intro has been giving me anxiety haha. I started writing and totally deleted it so many times. I didn't really think I ever had anxiety, but now that I've been thinking about my own mental illness... I'm pretty sure I've had it my whole life!

I started listening to the podcast a couple months ago, after a particularly fraught family trip.

I've come to the realization that I've been minimizing everything! Ignoring my ADD and any other mental illness I may have, trying to move on without addressing my issues. Pretty sure I've got CEN - listening to the Dr. Jonice Webb episode was fucking mind blowing.

I'm almost 27 and I've decided I need to open up this can of worms that is my life and hopefully make some sense of it.

Hello!
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: New to the podcast + feeling so much validation & hope.

Post by brownblob »

hi SMW
Welcome to the forum and good luck sorting through your can of worms.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Re: New to the podcast + feeling so much validation & hope.

Post by Imissmysun »

I am 38 I think you are brave to open the whole can of worms - I am reluctant to let one out at a time - seriously think that if I let the whole can open at once I would die of cardiac arrest - way too much intense overload -

I would be like way dead - like past zombie dead or feeling dead inside - like morgue dead... the door knob would say - dude she is way deader than me...
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”