Hello Hello

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
ShrinkingViolet
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Addiction?
preferred pronoun: She/Her

Hello Hello

Post by ShrinkingViolet »

Hi everyone, here I am joining this forum. I recently started listening to the podcast and they're great, and making confront a lot of things. Its been incredible listening to other peoples stories and connect pieces to my life and just and sit back and realize how much I need to really deal with my illness, And so I guess I'm here now, just needing to share and talk, depression and anxiety take up so much of my thinking that I worry I overshare to friends, and I probably don't ever really say much at all. I'm about to go back to a psychiatric nurse to start medication, and I'm nervous because its so hard for me to advocate for myself I'm scared of medical authorities. I've been back in a depressive slump these past few months, and the anxiety is just eating me alive on top of it, like now I'm agonizing over what exactly to write in this post or if I should. I recently turned 30 and my memories of life are just a series of depressive crises while life swirls around me, I want to do things and be somebody again, not just live my illness. I'm currently in therapy, wrestling with whether or not I smoke too much pot and contemplating sobriety (which is some kind of step), and mostly trying to figure out how to feel a kind of passion for life again.

So hi y'all can't wait to be part of this community
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: Hello Hello

Post by Beany Boo »

Hey ShrinkingViolet,

If you click 'view active topics' you'll see a newsfeed type list of the latest posts; or you can search the various forum topics.

Welcome :)
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello ShrinkingViolet, welcome to our little forum

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Imissmysun »

I was wicked active and have taken a little hiatus because my brain went duh and I could no longer "do" being present -

I am glad that there are people coming in to share and talk and discuss and I just hope that my words my thoughts my support helped someone on here at some point even for a moment...
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”