Hi all.

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Rathernotsay
Issues: Severe anger, possible depression.
preferred pronoun: He

Hi all.

Post by Rathernotsay »

Hey everyone. I stumbled across this podcast and forum today. Straight to the point, I am ridiculously quick to anger, and I go from 0 to 11 at the drop of a hat (or a pencil, as today went.) I've been this way for quite a while, and it's getting worse. I never considered it to be a symptom of depression before today's podcast-listening-experience, but I definitely go through periods of feeling totally bummed about everything around me, and feeling quite worthless. I just never put the two together. These feelings definitely follow me home from work, but I tend not to snap at home like I do at work. I'm fearful that it'll get to that point though, if I don't address it.

That's me in a nutshell, happy to be here.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Hi all.

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the forum. Realizing you have a problem is the first step in dealing with it. Change can be hard. Good Luck.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
Hard To Kill
Issues: depression, anxiety, perfectionism, 'all or nothing' thinking
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Hi all.

Post by Hard To Kill »

I think that anger can definitely be a symptom of depression! I've felt that myself, going into lengthy mental rants at people (luckily never out loud) for the slightest infraction. (This will make you giggle: cycling on the pavement was a big one).

Maybe it's just a way to try and get out all the emotion you have inside you, and your frustration at the prospect of being totally bummed out? I have no idea. I am no professional. But maybe finding one such professional could help? I find just talking about it helps immensely. Best of luck to you.

Hard To Kill. x

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”