Slightly nervous hello

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Millibee
Issues: PTSD, bulimia, depression, anxiety, OCD, self injury, suicidal ideation, DD-NOS.
preferred pronoun: They/them

Slightly nervous hello

Post by Millibee »

*waves*

Hi.

I have recently discovered the podcasts and I have been finding them a mixture of useful,interesting and enjoyable.

I guess I am hoping the chance to talk to and meet folks like me, struggling with mental health issues will help me feel less alone.

Millie. X
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Slightly nervous hello

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello Millibee! Welcome to our little forum!

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
elgordough
Issues: The negative stigma associated with mental health.
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hello

Post by elgordough »

Hello Forum Folks, my name is Fernando and I am a long time listener and I work in the social services field. I told Paul that I love his site because he creates a place for honesty. I am not only a person who offers support, I too need support. Growing up in a family full of Drugs, Alcohol, Physical Abuse, Incest, Sexual Abuse, Neglect, and Culture and Language barriers I often wonder how I survived my family upbringing. I prefer to sit and listen and offer support. I learned along time ago not to correct or make people feel bad about their challenges. I battle with my own anger and control issues. I see my personal world as black and white with little gray. This is my challenge. as my 7 year old son says to me: "Dad you work with people, but you don't really like people." that is my life challenge right now. How I can continue to help people and yet when I leave my job at the end of the day I do not want to be around them. So thanks for letting me put my two little pennies on the table.
Millibee
Issues: PTSD, bulimia, depression, anxiety, OCD, self injury, suicidal ideation, DD-NOS.

Re: Slightly nervous hello

Post by Millibee »

manuel_moe_g wrote:Hello Millibee! Welcome to our little forum!

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.

Thank you! Useful tips, very much appreciated.
Millibee

Re: Hello

Post by Millibee »

elgordough wrote:Hello Forum Folks, my name is Fernando and I am a long time listener and I work in the social services field. I told Paul that I love his site because he creates a place for honesty. I am not only a person who offers support, I too need support. Growing up in a family full of Drugs, Alcohol, Physical Abuse, Incest, Sexual Abuse, Neglect, and Culture and Language barriers I often wonder how I survived my family upbringing. I prefer to sit and listen and offer support. I learned along time ago not to correct or make people feel bad about their challenges. I battle with my own anger and control issues. I see my personal world as black and white with little gray. This is my challenge. as my 7 year old son says to me: "Dad you work with people, but you don't really like people." that is my life challenge right now. How I can continue to help people and yet when I leave my job at the end of the day I do not want to be around them. So thanks for letting me put my two little pennies on the table.
I hope it helped to share your story. I think it's very important for there to be places where we can be honest.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”