1st time in a forum in years, I feel like I'm 13 again ;P

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
ovoce
Issues: Depression and anxiety, cutting, suicidal, food addiction, rape survivor
preferred pronoun: she

1st time in a forum in years, I feel like I'm 13 again ;P

Post by ovoce »

Seriously though, all of these emoticon options are giving me flashbacks :violin: :mrgreen: :twisted: :ugeek: ;)

I'm not so great at talking about myself unprompted, but I do hope to get involved with this forum. I started listening to MIHH in 2012, forgot about it for a couple years and just rediscovered it a few months ago and now listen to it every day at work. Right now I'm in a very rough spot mental illness wise and I'm hoping that the podcast and forum will be a half-decent substitute for losing my student health plan when I graduated over a year ago and having to come off my medication hard and lose my therapists. I've been slowly getting worse but I'm still managing to put up a fight at the brink, and that counts for something, right? :) In all seriousness, through months of waiting lists and "sorry ma'am I can't help you"s, I finally have a Dr appt in a few weeks (all the psychs in the area are booked for months with no waiting lists, but a GP can hopefully do something?) and I filled out paperwork for therapy over a month ago, just waiting for their call. I'm really trying, so hey.

As far as non-health issue topics go, I'm 23, straight, married, love painting, reading, and every type of animal. I'd love to talk to some people, so nice to meet you all in advance.
ohtheprofanity
Issues: Anxiety, depression, misophonia, eating disorder (anorexia, purging subtype)
preferred pronoun: she

Re: 1st time in a forum in years, I feel like I'm 13 again ;

Post by ohtheprofanity »

Welcome, ovoce! I hope you'll find some support here. Reaching out and scheduling a dr. appointment is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope someone will get you in soon. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”